April 11, 2013

The Victoria Secret Model

Five years ago I noticed a Victoria Secret model that I swore was my long lost friend. I was convinced that the model just wore really big heels as my friend was shorter. And perhaps she had a boob job, but it was the face---the smile, that made me think it was Aaron. I googled the model and sadly it was not my friend.



                             
Somewhere in college I lost track of this high school friend. I tried many times to find her through the Internet and eventually social media. A few years ago we connected again via Facebook.

We caught up on each others lives as if no time had passed. She has held my hand through dark days and I have held hers, although we have not seen each other for 15 years, at least.

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."

My heart holds a collection of friends whom I try to keep up with through Facebook. It is a joy to see glimpses of their lives today. To share in their celebrations. To laugh at us a parents. To remember our past. To mourn our sorrows. To delight in our simple joys.

I marvel at the ones who stuck to their plans and are in the profession they declared while in high school. I admire the ones who have surprised us all by successfully conquering the road less traveled. 

Of all of lives gifts, I think friendship is one of the greatest. So, today I say an extra special blessing for all of my friends. Thank you for making the story of my life.

No comments: