October 15, 2012

Monday, Days Like This

A restless night led to a slow start to this Monday and I am off-kilter this afternoon. I think to myself, "Mama said there'd be days like this..."

I tossed and turned last night forever. Nothing particular was on my mind and it had been a wonderful weekend. I just could not get comfortable. Finally at 1 a.m. I threw the blankets off of me and proceeded to finally stop sweating and eventually exhaustion hit.

Mike woke me up as I asked this morning, but I remained exhausted. I eventually stumbled out of bed. Mike was already working and had completed more on his to-do list in a few hours than I will complete all day. He was in his zone, so I decided to go and do my stuff.

I yawned through a Pilate's workout instead of a run and hopped in the shower. We had brunch with an equally tired Sam and Chelsea and then rode our bikes home.

I loathe this feeling. My tired mind makes me on edge with a thousand silly thoughts and I find myself in a state of numb. I complete tasks feeling like I am performing through an out of body experience.

I grant myself permission to have days like this. We all do. The key is not to get stuck in a repetitive pattern of off-kilter days that result in angst or unhappiness. That is all to easy of a place to end up.

So, I fumble through today. I just can't find a way to "stop the storm from rollin' in" so I will "take shelter it'll pass and then the sun is gonna shine."


No comments: