March 6, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Us

Don't know how I lived without you, 'Cuz every time that I get around you, I see the best of me inside your eyes....You make me smile...

As the music played I held the hand of my best friend while my three blessings walked beside me along with Jeremy, Marie, Kristen, and Sterling.

The full moon sprinkled a trail of diamonds across the ocean as the waves beckoned us with sand kisses. The soft sand squished between our toes as we made our way through our circle of friends celebrating with us.

In spite of ourselves, we'll end up sitting on a rainbow, 
against all odds, Honey, we're the big door prize....

Our marriage celebration was full of joy and laughter and oozed the pureness of the love we shared. We cried, we laughed, we sang, we danced. It was magical.

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, it's jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. Song of Solomon 8:6-7

As our anniversary approaches I reflect on our whirlwind journey to one another. The fireworks that exploded in our beginning have only intensified. 

No words can begin to explain the wonderful gift I have been given. The man I am honored to call my husband and best friend leaves me in speechless wonder often. 

His heart possess more love than I ever believed one could contain. He constantly demonstrates the commandment to "love one another...." to everyone he meets. He sees beauty in all things and is not afraid to share his world. His mind still holds childlike wonder. His emotions are raw and pure. He accepts. He does not judge. He rarely gets angry. 

He embraces my girls with open arms and challenges them to think broader. He pushes them to try new things. He allows them space to question and wonder without feeling wrong for their thoughts. He epitomizes unconditional love in loving them.

He shows me grace over and over as I repeatedly share my fears. He kisses away my tears. He allows me to trust. He takes me as I am. He loves me for me and allows me the space and support to discover more of me. He encourages. He makes me laugh and laughs with me. He challenges me to find answers for myself. He listens. He sees a better me than I ever saw. He gives me more love than my heart feels worthy of receiving. 

I followed my heart and it lead me to this wonderful man. What some in this world thought should not be, has allowed me to find the one where our love shared makes the mere act of holding his hand an exquisite pleasure. 

So honey always, 

You're the one I want to be with when the sun goes,
and that's the sound of sunshine coming down.

No comments: